Friday, February 5, 2010

226 Days Left

After getting home yesterday from my overnight business trip, I was absolutely exhausted and found myself drifting off by 5:00 pm. I sat on the couch for a bit, debated whether or not I could scrounge up the energy to do something physical, and then fell asleep for about 20 minutes until my wife got home from work. We went out for a light dinner and then onto a social function for the rest of the night. No, I didn't exercise. And no, I didn't eat well. I'll just cut to the chase; yesterday was a 0/10 kind of day.

BONUS! It's now Friday, February 5th. I have 226 days left until the half marathon. I ate pretty well today. I had a wheat bagel (nothing on it) for breakfast along with a cup of coffe. For lunch, I had a turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomatoe and onion with some spicy mustard. I gotta say...sandwiches from Jewish delis are like no other. The Wifey is working tonight, so I'm on my own for dinner. I found a frozen Lean Cuisine pizza in the freezer and 3 minutes later, I had a feast. I also opened a can of green beans and ate those. Is that weird? I love green beans. They're vegetables, they're green, they're healthy, they're low fat, they're low calorie....I ate the whole can, which totaled 60 calories. Now, I am going to sit and watch TV and wash down a few Blue Moon Ales. Mmmmmmmm. Sounds like a lazy Friday night huh? Well, think again. I managed to squeeze a quick 15 minute medicine ball workout in, hitting all of the major muscle groups. And, on top of that, we are supposed to get 8-14 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow morning, which means I have to shovel our 3 car driveway and 100 feet of sidewalk by myself. Depending how much snow we get and the type of snow that falls, it will probably take me an hour or so. Have you ever shoveled a foot of snow for an hour? It's a damn fine workout.

226 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment