Wednesday, February 3, 2010

228 Days Left

Yesterday, I managed to get a nice walk in after work. 1.8 miles to be exact. It took 32 minutes, but mind you, I had the pooches with me so they too could get some much needed exercise. Of course, I would have been able to shave a minute or two off my Olympic pace if the dogs didn't have to stop and sniff at every tree, fire hydrant, bush, rock, and whatever else they could find. It felt good to get out and get some fresh air. I would rate my exercise a 3/5 for yesterday.

My diet was pretty decent yesterday as well. Breakfast consisted of a plain bagel (nothing on it) with a cup of coffee. I skipped the mid-morning snack because I was busy working and when I finally looked at the clock, it was time for lunch. Lunch consisted of a nice hot bowl of tomato soup with 10 crackers on the side. There is nothing better than a hot bowl of tomato soup on a cold winter day....well, maybe there is, but this sufficed. No mid-afternoon snack yesterday, although those Girl Scout cookies were calling out for me. But I knew I would regret it, so I skipped.
Dinner conisted of a spice-rubbed chicken breast, a huge portion of steamed broccoli, and a little side dish of pasta that Wifey threw together. Overall, not a bad day, right? I know I ingested too many carbs and not enough protein, but still not bad. I say it racks up to be a 3/5 day.

So, overall, yesterday was a 6/10 day. Not bad, but definitely room for improvement.

Today is Wednesday, and I will have to use this as my off day. I have to attend an association meeting for work at noon, which happens to be held at a great Italian restaurant, and following that, I have to travel to one of my company's other offices for an overnight business trip. Unfortunately, we have an employee dinner at 6:00 pm at a local restaurant, so it looks like my diet will be put on hold for a day. I'll be in a hotel tonight, which means I probably won't exercise, but after walking for the last two days, I guess I should rest my legs anyway, right?

228 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment